I am part of the LawCom.Institute because ...
Knowing the law is one thing; becoming aware of the factors influencing and controlling what we know as law is a point of arrival by an awakened consciousness and this involves a journey. This is why I purposefully try to pursue a better world of the rule of law and a just society.
I was born in the beautiful city of Mombasa, Kenya, along the coast of the Indian Ocean. In the course of my life, I have chosen to pursue interests close to my heart but those that directly impact the people around me. My goals are to move from human wrongs to human rights, a sustainable planet, and a world where everyone is treated equally regardless of their beginnings. I have advised clients across the globe and worked on cases in international commercial arbitration, investment arbitration, public international law, and sports arbitration before various international courts and tribunals. I have also advised clients on cross-border investments across the globe. I currently teach and research various international law areas for the multiple cluster of Africa Bayreuth University and Leibniz University of Hannover, mainly on African regional courts and tribunals.
- 2021 to Present
- Doctoral Research and Teaching Fellow- Multiple Cluster for Africa Bayreuth University and Leibniz University of Hannover
- 2017 - 2021
- International Dispute settlement lawyer in various law firms in Switzerland and Kenya; Lecturer Africa Nazarene University- International Law and International Trade Law
- Diploma Studies, Public International, Law Hague Academy.
- Dual Masters of Law (LLM) in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS), Graduate Institute of Geneva and Geneva University; Admission as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Bachelors of Law (LLB), Africa Nazarene University, Nairobi Kenya
- 2022 - Present
- Commissioner of the African Society of International Law